[Gllug] Guardian Online - hospital systems

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Fri Jan 10 15:36:57 UTC 2003

On Friday 10 January 2003 14:14, John Hearns wrote:

> Also I thought Jack Schofileds article on data archiving was
> good http://www.guardian.co.uk/online/story/0,3605,871091,00.html
> Its a subject I've often banged on about on this list.
> Change your data archiving medium/devices every five  years -
> you may still have the media, but the drives will be long gone.

Speaking of which...

I have a box with a 5-1/2" floppy drive in it, and a bunch of BBC floppies
with Elite and (more importantly) saved games on them. At least, they were
physically intact last time I checked, and they're kept in a 'safe' place.
So, can the drive be coaxed into life under Linux? Can anyone reccomend a
good BBC emulator?

Dylan

--
"Sweet moderation