[Gllug] Toolkit to write graphical app in Perl?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Jan 10 11:07:33 UTC 2003

On Fri 10 Jan, Tethys bloviated thus:

> You probably don't. While it may seem like a good idea, controls on a
> stereo component are designed for physical contact. Emulating a volume
> knob on a computer screen may look cool at first glance, you'll find
> it hard to operate with a mouse.

Yeah.  Anyone who's used early versions of Rebirth will attest to
that!  The only GUI controls which work with a mouse are sliders, and
even they're tedious.

I didn't mention it (slaps head) but I intend to do all control with a
remote.  The screen will be display-only.  No interaction via the
Ipaq's controls or touchscreen.

I want to preserve screen real estate for big graphics so I can read
it from across the room.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

HTML's a cheap whore. Treating her with respect is possible,
and even preferable, because once upon a time she was a
beautiful and virginal format, but you shouldn't expect too
much of her at this point."

- Mark "Kamikaze" Hughes