[Gllug] Linux Install Fest - 1 March 2003

Zachary Struhs zjstruhs at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 19 15:33:44 UTC 2003

The Greater London Linux User Group is set to have an Install Fest.

 Date: 1st March 2003
 Time: 12:00noon - 5:00pm
 Location: Westminster University (New Cavendish Street campus)

We will be meeting in the New Cavendish Street campus of Westminster
University. This is in the shadow of the BT Tower, the nearest tube stations
are Great Portland Street, Warren Street and Goodge Street. You will find a
map at [ http://www.wmin.ac.uk/static/maps.asp ] or via www.streetmap.co.uk

NOTE: you will need to sign in at the front desk to gain access to the
building. There are building works at the moment but we'll post signs if the
entrance has moved.

Volunteers Needed

Please contact me if you are willing to speak on basic topics such as:
  GNU/Linux a history overview.
  GNU-GPL explanation.
  Partitioning schemes and partitioning tools for Linux only installs and dual
boot machines.
  Directory structure (bin,boot,etc,home,usr,...).
  Common Desktop Hardware in Linux - the /dev directory.
  Useful Shell Commands.
  Documentation resources - man, info, How-to's and web sites.

Schedule

 TBA

After

After the meeting, for those that want, the group will move off to 'The Green
Man' public house, very close to Great Portland Street. We have it booked
from 5:30pm, downstairs. Even if you were unable to make the daytime meeting,
please feel free to join us at the pub. To help you find the pub have a look
at this external streetmap link.

- Zachary Struhs(zjstruhs at btinternet.com)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk