[Gllug] seti

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Thu Jan 2 10:07:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Stig Brautaset wrote:

> On Jan 02 2003, Martin wrote:
> > Does gllug have a setiathome team?  If not, shall we form one?  I have just
> > over 3000 work units going begging.
>
> As much as I'd like the setiathome project to succeed (in the sense that
> they discover ET intelligent life), I'd rather spend my CPU cycles doing
> cancer research or similar. It probably has more chance of succeeding.

Do any of the 'cancer research or similar' distributed processing projects
have clients for Linux yet (or Solaris, for that matter)?  Last time I
looked, it was rc5 or seti - neither of which are particularly 'benefit of
humanity' type things, IMHO, in the sense that rc5 is proving a point, and
seti is searching for something which may not be there...

> Stig

Cheers
Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk