[Gllug] BETT at Olympia

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 5 10:13:12 UTC 2003

On Sat 04 Jan, Alain Williams wrote:

> Quite. This is why I am working on my kids' school, do a good job in a couple
> of areas ... but that is another story.
>
> I still think that a design for a conference/exhibition ''kit'' would be a good idea.
> If done properly, the design would be used by any LUG in the country.

   I would like to see it happen, and I am only about 5 miles away in North
Acton, so getting there is no problem. I believe that working demonstrations
are far more eyecatching than static displays and pretty boxes, and the
wider the range of hardware and software the better.
   The previous BETT shows have occupied a very large hall and balcony, plus
an extension, and another adjacent side hall, with the large stands in the
middle taken by well known companies. I have recollections of Roger
Whittaker from SuSE, who I believe was once a headmaster, standing nearer
the back of the hall with a large mascot, trying to attract any attention.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk