[Gllug] [OTish] The greatest test ever

Branden Faulls omphe at keiko.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 7 19:34:07 UTC 2003

Pete Ryland wrote:

> a lot of people got used to Sun and some VT
>keyboards (any others?) which had the control key where most PC
>keyboards have the capslock.  Since Capslock is rarely used anyway (and
>you can use "g~" in vim for caps), it is common for such people to just
>remap it to another Ctrl.
>
>Also, there was a "compose" key roughly I guess where the Windows key is
>now, so some remap that too.
>
>Actually, come to think of it, the C64 had it's ctrl key somewhere there
>too, didn't it?

Thanks.  This morning I installed xvkbd, which has the control key in
the discussed place.  After seeing that, I started mentally trying the
idea on for size.  I'll be remapping these two keys soon.  I had always
wondered why the hell Emacs was so extensible, and yet had such awkward
command sequences.  I had just started getting used to my gimpy, twisted
C-x C-s , Alt-TAB, C-r everytime I wanted to check some Web work I was
doing.  I looked like Jerry Lee Lewis playing "Goodness Gracious Great
Flaming Text Editor Wars".

Thanks for all the response.

Branden Faulls

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk