[Gllug] new debian installation - sound setup ?

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Tue Jan 28 16:28:50 UTC 2003

http://packages.debian.org/stable/admin/printtool.html
http://packages.debian.org/stable/sound/sndconfig.html

> While we are on install questions.  I did not see mplayer in unstable, is
> there another repository I should be using in addition?

There's a major hoohah regarding mplayer happing right now, with the
dubious licensing of parts of the software causing problems.

I'd really recommend building it from source, especially if you are
using the (amazingly illegal) win32 downloads from their site.

d.

--
http://www.ubergeek.tv/switchlinux/