[Gllug] Sun SparcStations

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Sat Jan 11 21:52:44 UTC 2003

Ian Norton writes:

>seriously, where the hell do you easily find a cable for the strange sun
>combo-serial ports?

I liberated mine from a previous workplace :-) For those wondering what
the hell we're going on about here, certain Sparc models (such as the
SparcStation 4 and 5) had a single serial 25 pin port that actually
supported two ports via a Y-splitter cable. I *think* that if you use
a minimally wired serial cable (from memory, 2, 3, 7 & 20 -- TX, RX,
GND and DTR), then it should work as a single port without the splitter
cable.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk