[Gllug] Ximian Connector

Simon Morris simon.morris at penguinit.com
Tue Jul 29 14:34:53 UTC 2003

<quote who="Ian Norton">
> Yes,
>
> if ximian were true free software folks (as gnome is supposed to be) then
> this
> should be free software! if it were free and open then many many more of
> us
> would use it to ditch/switch windows desktops at offices,
>
> i expect the licenses are modest in comparison to m$ but surely if this
> really
> is a outlook killer then ximian should push it freely!

To *really* loosely quote Michael Meeks - the Ximian guy who spoke at
Decembers GLLUG meeting - (and apologies to MM if I do mis-quote him) the
reason Ximian licence for money the connector is because the potential
market have already bought into proprietary software by installing
Exchange.

I'd prefer to see a GPL'd version though so other developers could write
more *nix solutions for Exchange to help oust Outlook.

--
Simon Morris
simon.morris at penguinit.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk