[Gllug] PCMCIA problem

Adam Bower abower at thebowery.co.uk
Sun Jul 6 10:41:51 UTC 2003

On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 10:57:26AM +0100, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> I have a PCMCIA device (a bridge to a wireless LAN card) in my machine, but
> the PCMCIA system does not seem to detect it (no beep). Anyone got any ideas
> as to how I can get it detetected (lspci reports it as an unidentified
> network card)?

You mean you have a pci>PCMCIA adaptor? if so make sure it is really one of
these as some only support the functionality to make them work in windows with
the wireless card they are designed for. I have had "fun" trying to get
someones wireless setup working before with pci>pcmcia bridges before which
would half work, but after a bit we realised they didn't do full pcmcia and he
had to replace them with something that was actually a full pci>PCMCIA bridge
(IIRC)

Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
AFFS || http://www.affs.org.uk/ || Not a filesystem