[Gllug] USB Securikey

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Mon Jul 21 14:57:46 UTC 2003

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Axel Segebrecht wrote:

> Just wondering who (if anyone) ever used this:
> http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/security/5cd6/
>
> ...or something similar?
>
> I think it's a cool thing but way to expensive. Maybe one can just get a
> small USB memory stick and put some form of cleverness onto it that
> authenticates people.

We designed one using a PIC and 1MB of memory. It uses a USB interface for
programming and has an LCD display. It was/is not finished because it was
a bit of fun for a security course[0] and is now on the shelf as it were -
but you are welcome to assist in getting it finished.

Jon.

[0] Scarily I am graduate now so I will use the past tense -
the course involved setting up some "secure hosts" and playing hide and go
crack - we had a box with grsec/uml/honeynet/crypto/etc. etc. and after
going way OTT I started hacking on an el cheapo RSA SecureID clone idea...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk