[Gllug] Evesham/Linux for a small business

North London John northlondonjohn at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 27 23:59:18 UTC 2003

Hi,

I've just got involved with an art gallery, and am responsible for most
of the computer/web stuff. At the moment, that's not much more then
email, website and wordprocessing, but also some graphics and design.

Right now, we're using an old Win95 box (which crashed twice
yesterday). I'm looking to buy something more modern, user-friendly and
cheap. Perhaps Mac, perhaps linux. (I absolutely refuse to consider
Windows.)

First question is about Evesham. The Micros Quest LM got a rave review
in this months Linux Format, and has some pretty impressive specs for a
good price. What are people's experiences with Evesham like? Are the
boxes as good as they sound? What's the support like?

Second question: are there any  small business linux email lists,
websites, etc? Preferably UK based, but anything would be helpful.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my query about broadband. Once I've
sorted out what router to get, (advice gratefully accepted) I'll be
downloading distros left, right and centre.

TIA

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk