[Gllug] July Meeting leftovers

John Hearns jhearns at micromuse.com
Mon Jul 28 03:54:25 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 00:55, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-07-27 at 16:19, Richard Kirkham wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I believe we had a short conversation about mini-itx just before the last
> > GLLUG meeting. I was intrigued but unfortunately missed the talk because I
> > was busy in the network lab with my troublesome Mandrake 8.2 box.
Tsk tsk.
I'm deeply offended (not really !).
Mini-ITX are nice things.

> If you want a small, quiet, cheap machine, all in a single unit, you
> might seriously want to consider buying an Xbox. You can, with the
> security holes found in the dashboard, get linux onto an unmodified
> Xbox.

I just picked up the July Linux Journal.
There is an excellent article on installing/running Linux on the Xbox.
I didn't know it, but there is a 'clean room' ROM available, called
Columbus. The article says it is now possible to fit this easily,
requiring no soldering.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk