[Gllug] Problems reading Rev Rumble's posts

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jul 30 04:18:41 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 29 Jul 2003 12:45 pm, Ian Scott wrote:

/snip/

>  I know I used
> linux for several years with windows as a dual boot option because I only
> had a winmodem, so linux wouldn't do the internet!

/snip/

Doesn't this make David's point for him?  You couldn't be bothered to get a
proper modem!  My first modification to my aging computer was to throw out
the "winmodem" it came with, and connect a proper one - as I recall, it cost
about £30.

I wouldn't want to be seen as an OS zealot like some on this list (I actually
have a Windoze partition somewhere here for compatability testing)!

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk