[Gllug] Problems reading Rev Rumble's posts

Ben Whyte ben at whyte-systems.co.uk
Wed Jul 30 08:35:25 UTC 2003

<Snip>

> Doesn't this make David's point for him?  You couldn't be bothered to get
> proper modem!  My first modification to my aging computer was to throw
> out
> the "winmodem" it came with, and connect a proper one - as I recall, it
> cost
> about £30.
>
> I wouldn't want to be seen as an OS zealot like some on this list (I
> actually
> have a Windoze partition somewhere here for compatability testing)!
>
> Chris

It doesnt I have to keep a windows partition because I need access to
Symantec Pc Anywhere.  I know that I could use vnc or other such products
but my company installs PC anywhere on customer machines and so I must be
able to connect to them.

There are some apps I use that have not crossed the divide to linux,
specifically a little program I use called Digi Guide that provides me
with Television Listings.

Also I am a visual basic .net developer currently and I can not as yet
run the visual studio dot net on linux.

For all these reasons I keep a windows partition at home and also use
outlook as a mail reader when I am in windows.  I use it not just for
mail but for keeping track of my life/

As for top posting being the preserve of windows clients, its highly
interesting.  I wrote this mail in SquirrelMail and it wanted to top post
by default.

Well thats my two pennth

Ben

--