[Gllug] X and keyboard

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Mon Jul 21 19:38:55 UTC 2003

Henrik Morsing writes:

>I run Debian on a Dell Latitude C610 with a Radeon mobility card. When I
>start X (4) all keystrokes gets translated into <ctrl><alt>+ which means
>that X just cycles through resolution modes every time I touch a key.

It shouldn't make a difference, but just to be sure, have you tried it
with just the X server (i.e., no clients, not even a window manager)?
Do you get the same effect? If you run xev as the sole client, what
keysyms does it say you're getting?

I'm assuming you're not getting any keyboard problems when using the
machine at the console?

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk