[Gllug] X and keyboard

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Mon Jul 21 19:38:42 UTC 2003

Here's a challenge for you:

I run Debian on a Dell Latitude C610 with a Radeon mobility card. When I
start X (4) all keystrokes gets translated into <ctrl><alt>+ which means
that X just cycles through resolution modes every time I touch a key.

X spits out this:

The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
[...]
> Warning:          Multiple interpretations of "NoSymbol+AnyOfOrNone(all)"
>                   Using last definition for duplicate fields
> Warning:          Multiple interpretations of "NoSymbol+AnyOfOrNone(all)"
>                   Using last definition for duplicate fields
[...]
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_11: line 91 of pc/pc
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_12: line 95 of pc/pc
expected keysym, got XF86_Ungrab: line 135 of pc/pc
[...]
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
Warning: font renderer for ".pcf" already registered at priority 0
Warning: font renderer for ".pcf.Z" already registered at priority 0
[...]

The kernel says this:

Jul 21 21:49:46 debian kernel: Keyboard timed out[1]

I've tryed using other keysym files but it doesn't help.
Does anyone have a clue what is going on here?

Thanks in advance.

Henrik Morsing
morsing.cc

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk