[Gllug] Gnus and followups

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Thu Jul 3 15:20:43 UTC 2003

>> On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Ian Scott<mriscott at yahoo.co.uk> said:

   >> Using Reply-To in Gnus, and then trimming all the references away
   >> *doesn't* create a new posting - Gnus is clever enough to remember
   >> what's going on.

Weird.  Which version of gnus?  At least since early Oort, References:
has been a send-time determined set of headers (like Date:), so they
wouldn't be amenable to trimming unless you used something like:

(setq message-generate-headers-first '(References))

   > Hmm. does rmail/mail do the same?  Anyone know I replied to the
   > digest to send this?

Yes.  When I hit ^ to find the article you replied to, I'm told that
gnus couldn't find the message ID; which makes sense, if you replied
to a digest I didn't receive.

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net";  Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a