[Gllug] Re: New list Member

Ian Northeast ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 4 20:48:18 UTC 2003

andy monger wrote:

> Still trying to get the idiots
> than run the forces to look at Linux, I get lots of "oh doesn't that look
> good, but what do you expect us to do about it". I can but try !!

Try stressing the security aspect of open source. I understand that the
forces	are quite interested in security. Point out that if you have the
source you can
check to ensure it isn't doing anything nasty.

Someone told me recently that GCHQ refuse to run any software which
isn't open source or delivered with source for this reason. I don't know
where to verify this.

Regards, Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk