[Gllug] Problems reading Rev Rumble's posts

Dean Wilson dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Tue Jul 29 11:37:49 UTC 2003

David Damerell wrote:
> If we make the list hard to read with Outlook and/or OE, we'll see
> fewer ugly posts from Outlook and/or OE. I'm not really seeing the
> downside here.

One of GLLUGs purposes is to help people new to Linux get comfortable,
forcing someone who doesn't really know about Linux to abandon Outlook and
use the email client we decide is arrogant, petty and a great way of ending
up as a small eliteist list.

Raising the entry bar is the wrong thing to do IMHO, "Be liberal in what
you receive, and conservative in what you send." GLLUG has always had a
reputation for being welcoming (I've dealt with most users groups in london
on one thing or another) and thats something we should be proud off and
uphold.

So nah.
  Dean
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
--- Anon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk