[Gllug] Problems reading Rev Rumble's posts

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Tue Jul 29 12:03:02 UTC 2003

On Tue 29 Jul Dean Wilson wrote:
> One of GLLUGs purposes is to help people new to Linux get comfortable,
> forcing someone who doesn't really know about Linux to abandon Outlook and
> use the email client we decide is arrogant, petty and a great way of ending
> up as a small eliteist list.

All that has been proposed is that we don't ditch the (useful) list
footer and (useful) detached gpg signatures because some versions of
outlook and some forms of evolution can't cope with them.

I don't quite know how you got from there to "forcing someone to abandon
Outlook".

doug.

--
6973E2CF print 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC  609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese."