[Gllug] Problems reading Rev Rumble's posts

Ian Scott mriscott at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 11:45:05 UTC 2003

> >The potential to loose people from the list who make valuable input?
Also, making the list unuseable with the commonest email client seems a really
good way to discourage any newbies who are just trying to get into linux.
Given the frequency of mail/internet connection related mails to this list,
there must be a fair few people who access this list from another location
until they have their linux setup sorted.  I know I used linux for several
years with windows as a dual boot option because I only had a winmodem, so
linux wouldn't do the internet!

> I've always found the principle that people who don't bother with
> proper formatting won't have anything useful to say to serve me in
> good stead, especially in a technical forum.

If you feel this is the case, you are welcome to use whatever filtering system
you like at your end.

Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk