[Gllug] Problems reading Rev Rumble's posts

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 20:29:49 UTC 2003

On Tue 29 Jul, Dean Wilson wrote:

> One of GLLUGs purposes is to help people new to Linux get comfortable,
> forcing someone who doesn't really know about Linux to abandon Outlook and
> use the email client we decide is arrogant, petty and a great way of ending
> up as a small eliteist list.

   Some digitally signed emails sent to the list do not produce this effect
on my ancient email reader (nothing whatsoever to do with M$), while others
appear as a file inside an attached directory, not even a simple attached
file. Do the ones which show as a simple digitally signed email not work?

   I am able to read the attachments, or I can read the complete email as it
is received, if I consider that the email might be worth the bother. I also
have a choice of mail readers, but am not convinced that I need to change
when I see some of the emails.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk