[Gllug] backup solution

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 10 04:28:24 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 09 Jul 2003 4:22 pm, Bernard Peek wrote:

> Probably. But just a small correction, there are some types of financial
> data that has to be kept indefinitely. I believe that it includes
> directors' expense payments. I could be wrong on that, but I was told
> that by a company secretary..

No - the rules on expenses are set by the board.  Most big companies
deliberately don't keep proper expense records, as the directors want to
avoid enlarging their tax bills further.  There's often a large "petty cash"
fund set up for "miscellaneous expenses".....

> In search of cognoscenti

If it's OK with the Italians, it's OK with me!

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk