[Gllug] [OTish] SureStore DAT24

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 9 22:56:50 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 16:43, Rich Walker wrote:
> Taylor James <James.Taylor at lbhf.gov.uk> writes:

> > OK, I'm an idiot. Apparantly I need a SCSI terminator at the end of my
> > cable. I had assumed that the drive would take care of this but apparently
> > not. I can't seem to find the right one on ebay and they're £20 in Maplin
> > which seems a bit steep to me. If anyone's got one spare to sell me, I'll
> > probably be at the meet on Saturday.
> >
> > Sorry for wasting your time, and thanks for all your help,
>
> There's a pretty good chance that there's a link on the back of the
> drive itself to enable internal termination. Normally it's next to the
> three/four links that set the SCSI ID. You *will* need to take the drive
> out of the case to get at this though, so you might want to get the
> manufacturers datasheet before you start.

Practically all hard drives offer on drive termination, but IIRR, the
Surestore  tape drives don't - you really do need a separate terminator.

You probably want part 1544A from this page:-

http://www.videkonline.co.uk/SubSections.asp?sectionID=131#

15 quid from Videk - that's about par for the course....

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk