[Gllug] Ximian Connector

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Tue Jul 29 17:27:32 UTC 2003

Yes,

if ximian were true free software folks (as gnome is supposed to be) then this
should be free software! if it were free and open then many many more of us
would use it to ditch/switch windows desktops at offices,

i expect the licenses are modest in comparison to m$ but surely if this really
is a outlook killer then ximian should push it freely!

Ian

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 05:01:04PM +0100, John Hearns wrote:
> I have used the Ximian Evolution application for a long time, and find
> it intiutive and useful.
> For those who are not familiar, Evolution is an integrated personal
> management program,
> offering email, to-do lists, appointments (logging, reminders and
> sending out invitations),
> contact lists and an RSS news headlines and weather feed on the front page.
>
> Ximian, the company who develop and make Evlution available have a
> commercial
> product called Connector which allows interaction with Microsoft
> Exchange servers.
>
> Anyone got good or bad things to say about experiences with Connector?
>

> --

----- Message of the Hour ------
Moooo :-)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk