[Gllug] Evolution upgrade breaks IMAP

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Wed Jul 2 19:30:10 UTC 2003

On 2 Jul 2003, Mike Brodbelt wrote:

> I noticed a performance loss. Not too bad, but I'm using Cyrus, which is
> very fast at serving headers and such. It definitely got worse post 1.0.

I've given up on it. I'm using the UW ldapd over SSL to access mail on my
home box from my work machine. Evolution is just too slow, even with the
Check all folders option turned off as recommended by Xander.

I use pine at home so I've switched to pine/imaps at work too which works
just fine.

Shame really as Evolution looked pretty good and I prefer it's contact
manager to Pine's simple address book.

Simon.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk