[Gllug] Problems reading Rev Rumble's posts

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Jul 29 10:10:21 UTC 2003

On Tue 29 Jul, Simon Morris bloviated thus:
> Does anyone else have problems reading Simon Rumbles posts in
> Evolution??
>
> There have a been a few I can't read in Evolution, but I can in
> Squirrelmail.

Sounds like Evolution has taken the Outlook Express approach to
reading the standards and is just displaying the first plain text
attachment rather than honouring the "Content-Disposition: inline"
header.

Does it also do other Outlook Express braindeadisms like dodgy quoting
and ignoring the Content-Type and instead relying on the extension (if
there is one) of the file attachment for the file type?

I would report this as a bug.

(not signed so you can actually read this message)

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "The problem with a system that needs competent managers
  is that it needs competent managers."
- Graydon Saunders

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk