[Gllug] Apache - deny image access

Branden Faulls bfaulls at omphe.com
Sun Jul 6 17:22:53 UTC 2003

leigh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm putting together an online photo gallery which uses a php script to
> pull images from a directory  (images). But I can't seem to find a way
> to restrict users from directly gaining access to the directory's
> contents thus:
> foobar.com/images/photo1.jpg.

You can always store the images outside of the document root, if you
have the access, and then write a script that will access the files.
This will give you specific control of the access, but will effect your
performance, if traffic is high.

I found the following thread on Google when searching for the same thing:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&th=393e527af953d7b6&rnum=1

Good luck

Branden
--
|Branden Faulls                         |

              bfaulls at omphe.com  |
|                   (+44) 773 440 8623  |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk