[Gllug] Gartner :-(

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Thu Jul 24 15:49:09 UTC 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, John Hearns wrote:

> Well, it had to happen I suppose. And Gartner does have influence.

Apparently the IBM suit is now for $3Billion.

I wonder what the magic limit IBM set for buying SCO actually was.
IBM are not stupid (well sometimes they have rather interesting chip
errata but that's another bitter story) and eventually SCO will have their
way and be bought like they are so obviously desperate for.

>From some viewpoint I feel sorry for many employees who must realise the
company is in severe trouble to be doing this in the first place.

Jon.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk