[Gllug] Gartner :-(

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 17:06:53 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 16:50, John Hearns wrote:
> Well, it had to happen I suppose. And Gartner does have influence.

Unfortunately. Of all the analyst groups, Gartner is the one that
consistently demonstrates idiocy above and beyond the call of duty. It's
mind-boggling to watch them at work. I wonder if I claimed Microsoft
stole code from me and put it in Windows, then filed a lawsuit, Gartner
would advise everyone to avoid Windows without a shred of evidence. I
can't make up my mind whether they're being paid by Microsoft, or
whether they're really that stupid...

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk