[Gllug] VNC problem

Simon Morris simon.morris at penguinit.com
Mon Jul 7 19:31:41 UTC 2003

Hi,

I often connect to my machine at work from home using VNC. Both machines
run RH 9.0

Once connected to work I then get another VNC session onto our Windows
servers to do some out-of-hours stuff (Like rebooting -- who'd have
thought it!!)

In VNC I can press F9 to get a pop-menu of options including send
Ctrl-Alt-Delete. But I need to be able to bring up the menu for the 2nd
VNC session i.e. from my work machine to the Windows server rather than
home to work.

If I send the Ctrl-Alt-Delete signal to my work machine it threatens to
log me off, when I really need to send a signal to the Windows machine to
log onto it.

How can I send a F9 signal to the vnc session without using that key...
maybe a script or something funky like that

Cheers

--
Simon Morris
simon.morris at penguinit.com