[Gllug] Problems reading Rev Rumble's posts

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Wed Jul 30 13:26:22 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 14:16, Doug Winter wrote:
> > > she can still run putty.
> > Only if she can get permission to install it.
> This is all irrelevant anyway.  Yes, some people work for fascist
> employers.
[...]
> None of these people are on this list.  Therefore there is no need to go
> making special rules for them that make the thing worse for the rest of
> us.

You're making an assumption that an employer who blocks installing of
software beyond that approved is also blocking employees reading
technical mailing lists.  The two are not necessarily linked.

For the record, I'm not planning on adding any additional filters to the
list at the moment because I can't be arsed dealing with the complaints
/ support / queries on why an email didn't get through.  If you don't
like the content type someone is using to send to the list then filter
it at your end.

However I may apply filters to junk this thread before long as it's
another pointless flamefest and making me wonder why I resubbed.

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>      http://www.korenwolf.net/
"God only knows what i really want, i asked him once but he's not the

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk