[Gllug] Old ADSL kit

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 14 17:17:15 UTC 2003

On Mon 14 Jul, Richard Jones wrote:

> After I was on the BT ADSL trial, I was left with some odd ADSL
> equipment. Three boxes: an Alcatel router, and two other boxes which I
> guess act as some sort of very primitive splitter.
>
> I'm guessing that since ADSL routers are two-a-penny these days it's
> probably worthless now. Should I throw this away? Does anyone want it?
>
> Rich.
>
> --
> Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj
> Merjis Ltd. http://www.merjis.com/ - all your business data are belong to you.
> "One serious obstacle to the adoption of good programming languages is
> the notion that everything has to be sacrificed for speed. In computer
> languages as in life, speed kills." -- Mike Vanier

   I understood from a neighbour who was on the trial that the original
trial used a higher speed than the current normal of around 500K to 600k, so
I would not expect it to be so out of date, but it may well have an upgrade
available. I thought that Britain first saw ADSL some time after it was in
use elsewhere, so BT did not need to try too hard.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk