[Gllug] Problems reading Rev Rumble's posts

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Jul 29 10:29:20 UTC 2003

On Tue 29 Jul, Adrian McMenamin bloviated thus:

> Funnily enough, that one worked fine.
>
> This is a full version of Outlook (not OE) - your message can be found once
> I open enough attachments.
>
> I hate outlook, but I haven't got any choice over the matter.

I just tested it myself and Outlook (full) does exhibit that
behaviour.  Looks like it's taking the first plain text attachment.
This means it works fine when I send something directly to Outlook.
If it goes through GLLUG, mailman adds a plain text attachment and
this gets displayed, regardless the "Content-Disposition" header.

List admin: perhaps it would be simpler to not add the GLLUG footer to
signed messages?  Sadly some people have to use brain damaged mail
clients.

I _can_ set up mutt to not sign messages to GLLUG, but that kinda
defeats the purpose of standards...

(not signed again)

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare,
terror, murder, bloodshed---they produced Michelangelo,
Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they
had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and
peace and what did that produce...? The cuckoo clock.

- Orson Welles

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk