[Gllug] [OTish] SureStore DAT24

Taylor James James.Taylor at lbhf.gov.uk
Wed Jul 9 15:21:27 UTC 2003

Taylor James wrote:
> Simon A. Boggis wrote:
>
>> I assume you've done the usual and carefully checked SCSI IDs and
>> termination (some devices are capable of terminating the chain, so
>> you don't want to do it twice or not at all)? Seems unlikely it is
>> that from your messages, but always worth a second look.
>>

> I'm not really sure about this. How can I tell if the drive is
> terminating the chain or not (RTFM)? I just plugged it right in like
> I would have done an IDE device. Is there something else I have to
> do? I admit I know nothing as far as SCSI goes.

OK, I'm an idiot. Apparantly I need a SCSI terminator at the end of my
cable. I had assumed that the drive would take care of this but apparently
not. I can't seem to find the right one on ebay and they're £20 in Maplin
which seems a bit steep to me. If anyone's got one spare to sell me, I'll
probably be at the meet on Saturday.

Sorry for wasting your time, and thanks for all your help,

--
james

The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient or
entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential information that
is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy, distribute or take any act in reliance on it. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete from your system.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk