[Gllug] re: multiple RCPT TO commands

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Jul 21 09:46:31 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 09:24:57AM +0100, t.clarke wrote:
[unique message-IDs]
> I am note sure whether the problem was due to incorrect behaviour by our mail
> system or theirs !

It's a bug in theirs.

In an email system I wrote (http://www.postmaster.co.uk) I originally
included a unique index on the message ID field in the database,
figuring that these were unique. Problem was that if you CC'd a
message to two Postmaster users, the second instance would be
(silently) dropped. It was a bug - we removed the unique constraint.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj
Merjis Ltd. http://www.merjis.com/ - all your business data are belong to you.