[Gllug] re: multiple RCPT TO commands

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 08:24:57 UTC 2003

Following the recent posts concerning multiple RCPT TO commands, I thought
the following might be of interest:

I recently had a conversation with the admin of of Windows-based email system
where one of their users which was apparently 'losing' mails we were regularly
sending.   It turned out that we were generating a multiple message to two
users at the same domain, which were being sent as two separate messages to
the two users, each with the same Message-ID.  The receving MTA at their end
was seeing what it took to be a duplicate message and simply deleting it - so
the second receipient never received the mail.

I am note sure whether the problem was due to incorrect behaviour by our mail
system or theirs !

Tim

The E-Mail and any files transmitted  with it, are confidential
whom they are addressed. If you have received this message
in error please notify the sender and delete the message.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk