[Gllug] Help with Red Hat 8.0 install on Win 98

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Tue Jul 15 13:14:12 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 11:31, Robert Boulter wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>   I have continued as you have suggested and mounted root on /dev/hda5.  An
> error is returned advising me to create a swap partition.  Luckily I have a
> third partition /dev/hda3 and have mounted swap here.  However it still
> comes back saying I should create a swap partition.  I have the option just
> to continue.  I may well do that. What do you think?
> Rob.

How large is /dev/hda3? And you have to get diskdruid to set its partition
type as Linux-swap. You can continue without a swap partition but this may
cause problems later. However, if you still have some space set aside
(/dev/hda3) then you can always set it up later once you're installed and
running. We'll show you how. Provided we manage to stay on topic :-)

SteveH

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk