Buying Old UNIX Machines [WAS: Re: [Gllug] For Sale - SGI O2+OriginServer (with prices)]

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Wed Jul 23 16:48:37 UTC 2003

>> I want a 1990ish POWER based system or an original 1993 PowerPC 601.
>> The reason is solely because I do not have one and want one. :-).
> Common Hardware Reference Platform ????
> Would have run OS/2, NT and MacOS.

What??  These machines run AIX. I used to have an old R24 at work. Huge
beast (same as the IBM mainframe at the time) with an 60MHz POWER
processor and 24 2GB disks.

I think these computers are so worthless that noone can be bothered to
sell them. (You're right. There aren't any on eBay).

Henrik Morsing
henrik at morsing.cc
www.morsing.cc
---