[Gllug] July Meeting leftovers

Richard Kirkham richardkirkham at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 27 15:19:43 UTC 2003

Hello,

I believe we had a short conversation about mini-itx just before the last
GLLUG meeting. I was intrigued but unfortunately missed the talk because I
was busy in the network lab with my troublesome Mandrake 8.2 box.

However, since then I have done some investigating via the web and come
across the mini-itx.com site. I'm very interested in buying or building a
similar machine but at around 400 pounds, mini-itx's prices are a shade
high for me. Even a bare bones outfit is ~300.

Is there somewhere else you can suggest where I could get a similarly
compact machine for a somewhat lower price? Or maybe buy the motherboard
and a case?

Grateful if you could give me a steer.

Best wishes, Richard.

PS. I've since seen on show, a cube-shaped box labelled "X" and was told
    it's based on an nVidia motherboard(!). This sounded like sales-talk to
    me so I wondered if you can illuminate?
    The cube was possibly micro-atx sized.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk