[Gllug] BBC looking for campaigners

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 13:22:16 UTC 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Dean Wilson wrote:

> >  Why don't they do something useful and start with a campaign to
> > abolish  the "TV License"?.
>
> Bzzzzt. Offtopic. Loads of people are already fighting for this, google and
> go join them.
>
> If you mention money going towards babykilling i will hunt you down. :)
>
> >  And don't tell me "BBC News" is great, mosts "news" are irrelevant
> > and  have more to do with "the novelty of them" that anything worth
> >  mentioning.
>
> Simple answer: Don't like it, don't read/watch/listen to it. We have the
> power of choice, grand ain't it.

 Yeah, you pay the license or you get a fine. And even if you don't have a
 TV set you might find yourself accused of having one.

 "Case of being guilty before proved otherwise", somebody I knew squated
 in a house for about a year, they got threatening letters it seems,
 and even a van outside, funny enough they had gas but no electricity.

 What I find really amusing about a lot of people in this country is the
 huge fuss they create about things like ID cards, and the other side
 things like the TV license are considered acceptable. I wonder how much
 information about households is kept by the BBC and their "vigilante"
 system.

--
 Formi                               its-formi.net at rc
 FreeBSD 5.1 ThinkPad 570            Study the past, if you would divine

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk