[Gllug] Problems reading Rev Rumble's posts

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 11:11:56 UTC 2003

will wrote:

>>On Tuesday, 29 Jul 2003, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
>>

>>>List admin: perhaps it would be simpler to not add the GLLUG footer to
>>>signed messages?  Sadly some people have to use brain damaged mail
>>>clients.
>>>

>>Of course this is not the case. People using their own facilities can
>>use a proper mail client. People abusing their employer's facilities
>>shouldn't.
>>

>It is entirely possible that some people are *required* to use Outlook,
>but the employer allows reading personal email, you stupid troll.
>
>Will.

While this may be seen as responding to a troll, it does bring up an
interesting point.

Irrespective of whether reading of personal emails is allowed or not, I
ensure that as part of my contract / agreement I am allowed to read
gllug and any other newsgroup.  My time spent doing this and responding
to mails (I admit that I have been quiet recently) is payment for the
times that I get stuck and I manage to get the problem resolved with the
help of Gllug.

Have fun
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk