[Gllug] Problems reading Rev Rumble's posts

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Jul 29 10:52:54 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, 29 Jul 2003, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
>David Damerell:
>>Of course this is not the case. People using their own facilities can
>>use a proper mail client. People abusing their employer's facilities
>>shouldn't. People whose employers require them to read GLLUG (if they
>>exist) should inform their employer that they need the right tools to
>>do the job.
>It's always good to talk to people who live in the real world :)

No doubt this is bluster to conceal the fact that you actually fall
into one of these three categories - at a guess, "abusing employer's
facilities". Don't do that. Access to mailing lists is not some kind of
fundamental human right - pay for net access of your own, or go away.

This was followed by 29 lines of excreable HTML. You're making my
point for me; if we made it impossible for people using braindead mail
clients to read the list, we'd be better off.

[In particular - while I realise our list admin will exercise his fiat
to ignore random suggestions from the gallery - I would favour
discarding any message to the list containing HTML.]

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Distortion Field!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk