Paypal (was Re: [Gllug] OT : Credit cards in a MySQL Database)

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Tue Jun 17 13:39:10 UTC 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Lance wrote:

> I use it all the time for ebaying.  no problems so far... <discretely
> crossing fingers>

I'm really pissed off that Ebay dropped their Billpoint system in favour
of PayPal.

Previously I could easily make a payment and know that the seller would
receive it.

Now I find that I cannot as the PayPal interface takes my details
and prints a message indicating that payment has been made only to find it
has not - nothing taken from my card and nothing paid to the seller. Of
course I don't find this out until after it's become a problem.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/			Sign up now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk