[Gllug] Scanning

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Jun 11 09:46:35 UTC 2003

On Wed 11 Jun, t.clarke bloviated thus:

> We have experience of using an HP USB scanner on a Windows PC and the whole
> process sems painfully slow.  Fine if you want to scan just a few sheets,
> but if more than a few are involved the process seems to take forever.
>
> Anyone had experience with scanners who can suggest best hardware to use ?

Option 1) Train the receptionist to do it.
Option 2) Sheet feeder for the scanner.  These aren't as good as it
sounds, quite expensive and I'm unsure if Linux supports any.
Option 3) If these are documents that are printed anyway, why not just
email them a PDF?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Remember, objects in the mirror are actually behind you

- On a helmet mounted mirror used by US cyclists

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk