[Gllug] Charge

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Fri Jun 13 11:03:15 UTC 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Gordon Joly wrote:

> The minimum wage is around 5.00 an hour. Double that to ten quid for
> overheards, holidays, insurance, etc
>
> What does a plumber cost? 25 quid an hour (or more) and usually has a
> two hour minimum?

As others have pointed out installing new systems for people is not so
straight forward.

Typically you can expect to receive at least a few calls asking for extra
help beyond what was paid for and you need to factor in the time spent
dealing with such into your pricing methods.

I also tend to feel that what I deliver when consulting is worth more to
my clients than a fixed pipe.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/			Sign up now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk