[Gllug] Red hat 8 subscription

John Hearns jhearns at freesolutions.net
Wed Jun 4 10:11:57 UTC 2003

> And verily, didst Martin A. Brooks announce to the hordes:
> >
> > Gentoo is fine for a home desktop, but it's not practical when you have
> > more than about 3 servers to maintain.  I have 170.

As an aside really, there are tools available for managing large numbers of
machines.
If anyone needs such a thing, have a look at LCFG  http://www.lcfg.org
(there are other tools like this)

And for updating RPM based systems, have a look at Freshrpms,
Current http://current.tigris.org/ and
YUM http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/
I've never used YUM, however Dr. Brown from Duke speaks highly of it.

On the Debian side, there is FAI - Fully Automated Install
http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/
Again, haven't used it but wort mentioning for completeness.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk