[Gllug] Access Database to MySQL / PostreSQL

John Hearns jhearns at freesolutions.net
Fri Jun 13 11:22:13 UTC 2003

> And boy does it suck! We've used it for some report generation from
> an Oracle database, and it's pretty grim. You also can't automate it.
> We wanted to produce daily reports, but Crystal is heavily geared
> towards interactive use. Yes, you *can* schedulke reports, but it's
> like pulling teeth...

I worked with someone who was very good with Crystal Reports.
Stats from Platform/LSF  --> Oracle Database --> Crystal Reports.
For example:
http://it-div-fio-reports.web.cern.ch/it-div-fio-reports/Reports/LSF/trends/memory_usage.pdf
That's why you need a gig of memory these days :-)
(and they run three jobs per dul-CPU box)

BTW, I though I came across an open source project for a
Crystal Reports equivalent. COuld he havering though...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk