[Gllug] AOL blocks mail from 'dynamic' addresses

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Jun 18 10:13:42 UTC 2003

On Wed 18 Jun, Xander Harkness bloviated thus:
> A company I do some consulting work for has just been hit by the lame
> attempt by AOL to reduce spam.
>
> They have a list of sorts and are denying incoming mail from these
> addresses.
>
> The company have an ADSL connection with 5 fixed IPs.

If they're fixed IPs, perhaps this is a matter for AOL and its
customers to discuss?  Oh that's right, they use trained monkeys at
AOL, don't they...

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's
just the opposite.
- J K Galbraith

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk